BONE FOODplus supplies the essential building blocks to optimise bone development, health and strength. It contains calcium, vitamin D, vitamin K, zinc, copper, magnesium and manganese, which all play an important role in bone health.
Many diets do not provide optimal levels or correct ratios of the minerals calcium, phosphorus and magnesium, including those high in grain or tropical forages, and high-oxalate pastures. BONE FOODplus supplementation helps offset these risks.
Features & Benefits
- Highly digestible source of calcium and phosphorus with a ratio of 4.5:1.
- Avoid deficiencies that may occur when horses are fed high-grain, low-roughage diets whilst sweating heavily or when factors interfere with magnesium absorption.
- Vitamin D assists in calcium and phosphorus absorption and is an important nutrient for stabled horses where it is vital for bone health.
- Vitamin K has been recognised as a key nutrient for bone development in horses deprived of green grass.
- Zinc, copper and manganese are important trace minerals that play a role in bone development.
Many diets do not provide optimal levels or correct ratios of the minerals calcium, phosphorus and magnesium including those fed a high grain diet or those grazing tropical forages and high oxalate pastures. These pastures contain calcium binding agents which may contribute to serious bone disorders such as Bighead disease. Bone Foodplus supplementation helps offset these risks.
- To supplement equine diets with vital bone building nutrients.
- To supply extra calcium and phosphorus to horses fed tropical forages.
- For stabled horses at risk of bone demineralisation and fracture.
- For growing horses, young working horses and lactating mares with high mineral demands.
|Calcium||11.5 g||290 g|
|Phosphorus||2.5 g||63 g|
|Magnesium||2.2 g||55 g|
|Zinc||50 mg||1250 mg|
|Manganese||30 mg||750 mg|
|Copper||20 mg||500 mg|
|Vitamin D||2,000 IU||50,000 IU|
|Vitamin K||10 mg||250 mg|
Available pack size: 15 kg (187-day supply*)
The following amounts should be fed daily and divided equally amongst feeds. Mix well into a damp feed.
- 20 – 40g (1/2 – 1 heaped scoop): Ponies requiring mineral supplementation
- 40 – 80g (1 – 2 heaped scoops): Ponies grazing on high-oxalate pasture
- 40 – 80g (1 – 2 heaped scoops): Horses requiring mineral supplementation
- 80 – 160g (2 -4 heaped scoops): Horses grazing on high-oxalate pasture
Note: These recommendations are for horses with a mature body weight of 500kg. Please adjust according to the weight of your horse.
To ensure correct supplementation along with other dietary sources of minerals, please contact Kentucky Equine Research for assistance.
Click edit button to change this text.