Synovate HA® delivers high molecular weight sodium hyaluronate for horses in an easy-to-administer liquid.
Maintaining proper joint health is an important factor in the longevity of a horse’s career. The nutrient-rich synovial fluid is a vital component that fills the joint capsule to aid in smooth passage of one bone over another and to absorb shock from high-impact work.
Sodium hyaluronate is a glycosaminoglycan that is an important structural component of joint cartilage and is responsible for the viscosity (thickness) of the synovial fluid. Synovate HA helps manage horse joint health proactively by preventing the loss of hyaluronic acid.
- Delivers high molecular weight sodium hyaluronate for horses in an easy-to-administer liquid.
- Hyaluronic acid plays a vital role in maintaining the health of connective tissue and optimizing normal joint function.
- Contributes significantly to maintenance of cartilage health and elasticity, joint fluid viscoelasticity, and lubrication of the entire joint mechanism.
- Contains anti-inflammatory properties, which are useful for high-motion joints.
- Assists with supporting equine athletes through the rigors of training and competition.
- Provides the nutrients that match the known attributes of hyaluronic acid found in the horse’s body.
- Synovate HA uses a fermentation source of sodium hyaluronate derived from nonanimal substrates.
Superior Biological Activity
Researchers have identified differences in biological activities for HA of different molecular weights. HA with a high molecular weight (more than 500,000 daltons) has the greatest biological response. Further, high molecular weight HA created from microbial fermentation, such as Synovate HA, has the greatest likelihood for matching the known attributes of native HA found in the horse’s body.
To support your horse’s joints, choose Synovate HA®.
Source: Fermentation-derived product from nonanimal substrates
Molecular weight: 1-1.25 million daltons
For maintenance, give 0.5 ounce (15 mL) per 1,100-lb (500-kg) horse per day in feed or orally. For a loading or pre-competition dose (optional), give 1 ounce (30 mL) per 1,100-lb (500-kg) horse in feed or orally once daily for 7-10 days.
- 32 oz (64 servings)
- 1 gallon (256 servings)
All of the horses in my training program are fed Synovate HA. The high-quality liquid hyaluronic acid provides the necessary joint lubrication for Thoroughbred racehorses.
The horse maintains considerable reservoirs of HA within its body, yet as horses mature and more athletic demands are placed on them inflammation leads to breakdown of HA in the joint fluid. The loss of HA leads to lower viscoelasticity in the joint fluid and further inflammation, which can damage cartilage and make the joint disease worse. Therefore, it is desirable to manage joint care proactively with Synovate HA.