Triacton™ is a triple-action supplement designed to improve bone density and support digestive health in horses. The pelleted supplement contains an array of highly bioavailable minerals and vitamins essential for sound skeletal development and maintenance, as well as optimal function of the gastrointestinal tract.
Studies conducted at Kentucky Equine Research have demonstrated the positive effects Triacton has on bone density and buffering capacity of the stomach and hindgut.
Studies conducted at Kentucky Equine Research (KER) with Triacton demonstrated an increase in bone density among Thoroughbreds in race training. Horses receiving 120 grams per day of Triacton for 90 days had a threefold greater increase in dorsal (shin) cortical bone density compared to the horses that received a placebo (Figure 1).
Figure 1. Dorsal cannon bone density in Thoroughbred racehorses.
In order to optimize the health and efficiency of the gastrointestinal tract, the pH of the stomach and hindgut must be controlled. If these environments become too acidic, horses are prone to gastric ulcers and hindgut acidosis. Limestone, known also as calcium carbonate, is commonly used as a source of calcium in equine supplements and fortified feeds. However, this form has a limited capacity to regulate or buffer pH. Triacton contains a different source of calcium and several other highly bioavailable minerals that provide greater buffering capacity than limestone to effectively suppress acidity throughout the digestive tract.
Why should I use Triacton for my horse?
- Contains a novel source of calcium, shown to be more highly digestible than other forms of the mineral, including calcium carbonate
- Includes an array of other bone-building nutrients, including magnesium, boron, silicone, iodine, zinc, and manganese, as well as vitamins A, C, D, and K, which are important for bone health
- Provides a research-proven stomach buffer, which reduces acidity and decreases the likelihood of gastric ulcer formation
- Supports the beneficial microorganism population of the cecum and colon by minimizing the acidity of the hindgut
- Includes yeast for further hindgut support and improved fiber digestion
- Supplies chelated minerals for optimal absorption
- Helps increase bone density in young, growing horses and athletic horses, which is especially important for horses involved in intense training such as racehorses, three-day-event horses, polo ponies, and other horses required to work at speed
- Delivers a highly digestible source of minerals and vitamins in an easy-to-feed pellet
“I use Triacton to support bone density, stomach health, and hindgut balance. Covering three issues with one product has simplified my feeding program, and I know I’m doing the best for my young horses.”
Figure 2. Triacton increases buffering capacity twofold in typical gastric pH ranges.
Figure 3. BMC, one of the key ingredients in Triacton, improves hindgut buffering capacity by 54%.
|Guaranteed Analysis||per 120g|
|Crude Protein (min)||14.0%||16.0 g|
|Crude Fat (min)||3.0%||3.6 g|
|Crude Fiber (max)||4.0%||4.8 g|
|Calcium (max)||13.0%||15.6 g|
|Calcium (min)||12.0%||14.4 g|
|Phosphorus (min)||2.55%||3.0 g|
|Magnesium (min)||4.0%||4.8 g|
|Copper (min)||335 ppm||40.0 mg|
|Manganese (min)||545 ppm||65.0 mg|
|Zinc (min)||685 ppm||82.0 mg|
|Vitamin A (min)||14755 IU/lb||3900 IU|
|Vitamin D (min)||11000 IU/lb||2900 IU|
|Vitamin C (min)||3800 mg/lb||1000 mg|
|Vitamin K (min)||105 mg/lb||27.5 mg|
Triacton supports health in three research-proven ways: increasing bone density for skeletal strength, buffering stomach acid to bolster gastric health and reduce the incidence of ulcers, and moderating the pH of the hindgut to prevent acidosis. Triple-action Triacton is a pelleted, palatable supplement designed to be fed twice a day.
Feed 120 g per day to mature horses, and 60-120 g to growing horses.